Welcome Home – First Time Homebuyers Guide to Purchasing Your New Rocklyn Home
STEP 1: SALES
- Select home design.
- Select a homesite.
- Discuss with Community Sales Manager the included features for your selected home.
- Review contract with Community Sales Manager for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Sign Purchase and Sale agreement.
- Review Warranty Policy.
- Provide purchase deposit.
- Secure mortgage loan approval or proof of funds and provide to your Community Sales Manager (within required time frame).
- Review all Home Owner’s Association (HOA) documents.
- Understand construction safety program and procedures.
- We will schedule your Design Gallery appointment (if needed).
STEP 2: DESIGN
- Attend scheduled Design Appointment.
- Understand difference between included and optional features.
- Review and approve selected options.
- Understand and sign design selection policies and procedures
- Complete and sign final selections.
- Provide applicable deposits for design selections.
STEP 3: PRE-CONSTRUCTION
- Attend Pre-Construction Meeting with Building Superintendant and Community Sales Manager (presale only) single family.
- Gain Better understanding of construction process.
- Sign the construction forms verifying that all items were reviewed to your satisfaction.
STEP 4: CONSTRUCTION
- Attend a Pre-Drywall Orientation and Courtesy Walk thru (presale only) with the Building Superintendent.
- Set up utilities 30 days prior to closing.
STEP 5: PRE-CLOSING
- Verify mortgage commitment 30 days prior to Close of Escrow date.
- Verify that all financial conditions have been met for closing.
- Ensure that all funds required for closing are available.
- Attend New Home Orientation prior to closing (approx 7 days) with your Building Superintendent.
- Understand all Warranty literature and owner’s responsibilities (45 day and 11 month warranty review).
- Attend sign-off meeting with your Building Superintendent.
- Set up utilities. See Community Sales Manager.
STEP 6: CLOSING
- Wire transfer closing funds.
- Attend acceptance walk through 2 hours prior to closing.
- Attend closing on time.
- Bring all required documents to closing (certified check, driver’s license, proof of insurance, etc.).
- Order your change of address through the U.S. Postal Service.
- Sign the construction forms verifying all items were reviewed to your satisfaction.
STEP 7: POST CLOSING
- Complete and return New Homeowner Survey.
- Follow warranty request procedures and owner maintenance responsibilities.
- Must go to county office to file for homestead exemption.
*Please note that every effort is made to complete your home in a timely manner. There are certain circumstances that can cause delays. These include, but are not limited to, weather, acts of God, availability and substitution of materials, unscheduled visits by the buyer to the construction site, and changes initiated by the buyer after time of contract.